• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Asphalt on the Norte

Tinytrekker111

Time of past OR future Camino
Future
I will be walking the Norte in June...where should I expect the most asphalt walking? My Buen Camino app seems to show a decent amount? Thank you!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello, check out this thread as it will give you all kinds of alternatives to a lot of the asphalt and will deliver spectacular scenery. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coastal-alternatives-to-the-nortes-asphalt.49578 I found the wisepilgrim app worked pretty well for me and does include a number of the alternative routings but not all. The alternatives mentioned in the threads are usually GR trails that are in good shape and reasonably marked. Enjoy the Norte it's a great challenge and achievement.

Wife (“Wise” not wife ) pilgrim app shows the GR paths along the coast so well that I used them when road walking was officially designated the route.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wife pilgrim app .... . . .

I must have a "wife Pilgrim" app too because she tells me what to do and where to go, most of the time.

Erm...sorry Collette, but I just couldn't help myself regarding your little typo there!

Cheers

Graham

auto spelling correction is my worse nightmare. WISE PILGRIM APP ☺

I'm sure some of us who don't have the Wise Pilgrim app have an alternative 24/7 wife or husband (so as not to be sexist) app! Perhaps, for want of a better word, a Partner App.

I need an app that weighs my backpack every morning. I'm sure my wife packs a few extra items in it when I'm not looking

Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum