• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Atlas de las Peregrinaciones.

This is a fabulous book. Just found it on offer in my local book shop in Granada. Reduced from €60 to €20 and worth every last Cent.

It's in Spanish, but full of pictures for all non-Spanish 'readers'.

Authors: Fernando Lanzi and Gioia Lanzi.
Publisher: San Pablo.

It gives information about all sorts of pilgrimage routes around the World. Obviously, Santiago fills many pages, but it also details thehistory of many Christian pilgrimage routes I had never read about before. Walsingham in the UK for example!

It aslo gives information about a destination in Ethiopia which brings me onto my next project...

Coincidently (or, perhaps not so coincidently), right next to the book about Pilgrimage was a book by the same publisher, and also on offer at the same reduced price titled 'The Origins of Man and Evolution of Culture'.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one; since walking many pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela sparks have ignited an interest in pre-Christian, or ancient human migration routes. I'm currently planning and researching for a walk from Senegal in West Africa loosely following a path that links sites of ancient art, or cultural artefacts, but mostly just following the stars by night. If money and time allow, I then intend to walk from Ethiopa (rather than to) back to Spain.

The project will be documented on a website. I will be raising money for the new charity I have mentioned here before. An exhibition will happen after 1 year - 17 Godesses of Pilgrimage. Proceeds from that will go to the new charity also.

Haven't logged in here for some time now, but I'm still on course! Just been fighting with banks and affairs of the heart :wink:

Primarily here to tell about the book which others might find interesting.

I intend to start walking from Senegal at the end of January 2011. I'll post a new thread somewhere here when I'm ready to set-off.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.