• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2012 planing to walk with my 21 month old son

cabby

It's maybe a long shot, but always worth putting it out there! I am thinking to walk with my 21 month old son and wondering if anyone would be interested to join us and help out with ou load??
Trust that if it's meant then so shall it be.
Thanks
Caroline

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I know you have good intentions.
And travelling with a child has been done.
Only go as fast and far as the child can go.
Be open to changing your plans.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Most people already bring too much stuff so are unlikely going to be willing to carry yours as well. You'd probably do well to use a taxi service as just carrying your child and his daily gear will be a full load.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
When I was recently working in the Peregrino Office, we had an infant arrive who had been carried by his parents in a baby backpack. The logistics of this were quite difficult. There was an issue with carrying the supplies needed by the baby along with the normal peregrino stuff (and fitting all of the other stuff into one backpack!). I'm not sure if your child would be too large/heavy for one of these baby backpacks. What does seem a bit easier is doing it by bike with a baby trailer and panniers. We saw a few of these and the parents looked a lot less stressed out than the pair with the baby backpack.

I agree with vagabondette that you will probably stuggle to find someone to help you carry extra stuff as most people on the camino already have too much and would not want to commit to the shorter days that you would probably have to do if you had a small child.

I guess another question is whether or not your child would enjoy the experience? We had a 5 year old who walked with his parents from Sarria and he really enjoyed it. He had his own small backpack and his own credencial and was very proud of his sellos. You and your child might find it a more enjoyable experience if you wait a few more years. I would suggest trying out a weekend long hike close to home to see how you all get on.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.