• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Backpack safe

Gazer

If your are going out from your hostel at night would it be safe to leave your backpack there or is the somewhere you can leave it

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If your are going out from your hostel at night would it be safe to leave your backpack there or is the somewhere you can leave it
If you mean albergue by hostel, there is no alternative (unless the place has lockers), so you have to take your chances. Always take high value items with you wherever you go, even the shower. It is rare that clothes and other equipment is stolen. When is disappears, it usually is by mistake or misplacement.

If you mean hostal by hostel, then you are more secure. Private rooms lock and provide good security. Such rooms will cost between 20-35Euro per night for a single, and just a bit more for a double.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have been in maybe a handfull of albergues with lockers (big enough for backpacks). In all the other, everybody just leaves their stuff by the bedside and i have never seen anything go wrong. Not saying that it cant or wont, just that i have never seen it or experieced ot myself. 98% sure you'll be fine as well.

Most read last week in this forum