• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

baggage transport blues

happygolucky

Carrion de los condes
I have been walking the camino in stages from France with my parents aged 81 and 76 years. Although they are fit, they couldnt carry a full pack. We have used various baggage transport companies along the way and up to September this year we had absolute confidence in them. However this year, one baggage transporter claimed that we had not left the money in the envelope on the bag (this is normally how you pay, as you have often started walking before the bag is collected from the hostal/ hotel). What is odd is that he did not contact us directly. 3 days later the next transport man came to collect the bag for the next 2 days from Leon, waited till I had paid him and then demanded payment for the 2 days "that we had not paid". I would not pay again. So we ended up paying for 4 days and only recieving transport for 2. (We had not walked for one of the days )I am certain that the money was in the envelope, as I had difficulty finding the exact change and by chance we happened to be at the hostal when the first man collected the baggage. There is a possibility that someone else opened the envelope but my intuition says otherwise. So be warned and take care. Details of baggage transport companies avaiable on request.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back