• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Have a look at this Camino Primitivo Guide made by one of our members.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Berducedo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
arrived to Berducedo today after doing the hospitals route. The place was all full booked out. Lots of walkers so book in advance (just call a day before )

I would not expect to be able to "book ahead" at the Albergue Municipal. The Casa Rural Camin Antiguo I think takes bookings only for their private rooms - about €30 per person!! From Berducedo there is always the option of catching the ALSA bus on weekdays (not sure about weekends) to Grandas de Salime which I think comes through at about 18.30. If you are an early riser you could always catch it back at 6.30 the next day and continue your walk.
If both Berducedo and La Mesa are full, it is another 20 kilometers hard walk to Grandas :(

Buen Camino
Tio Tel

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
arrived to Berducedo today after doing the hospitals route. The place was all full booked out. Lots of walkers so book in advance (just call a day before )

Just spotted this by "Caminka" in the "Borres or Campiello" thread:-
hello everyone!
I just spotted on http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-camino-primitivo that there is a new private albergue in Berducedo, called Camino Primitivo, apparently opened at the end of May. 18 bunk beds, €12, with a restaurant serving lunch and dinner. soon planing to introduce a washing machine and wifi. 680/625 036.
a while back (last year) I also came across one reference to another private albergue in Berducedo with 18 beds for €10. 689/981 678. perhaps this is the same being reopened?
any confirmation of (both) albergue(s) really being up and running will be welcome to all (us) future primitivo pilgrims.

Blessings
Tio Tel

I would not expect to be able to "book ahead" at the Albergue Municipal. The Casa Rural Camin Antiguo I think takes bookings only for their private rooms - about €30 per person!! From Berducedo there is always the option of catching the ALSA bus on weekdays (not sure about weekends) to Grandas de Salime which I think comes through at about 18.30. If you are an early riser you could always catch it back at 6.30 the next day and continue your walk.
If both Berducedo and La Mesa are full, it is another 20 kilometers hard walk to Grandas :(

Buen Camino
Tio Tel

The problem with public Albergue is that sometimes you have to race to get a space, and I honestly could not be bothered. Since we were 7 we book private albergue or hotels a day in advance and the max we paid was 15 euros. We didn't book in Sobrado because they said they don't take bookings, but they said that they had 200 beds and it rarely fills up completely.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back