A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Best sections of the Tours route

Trishagale

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014)
Frances (2017)
I am planning to do part of the Tours route next April with my husband. I have done the Frances twice but this will be his first Camino, he is 68. We don't have time to do the whole walk so were planning to do Orleans to Poitiers and then Bordeaux to SJPP. We are quite keen to finish at SJPP. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Are they interesting sections? Are there any others that would be better?Thanks.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Aulnay to Pons would be worth walking, not hilly but some amazing sites and churches. Saintes is well worth visiting. Let me know if you need info for accommodation etc.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
From Bordeaux take the train to Dax then bus to St. Palais then continue from there to SJPP

Trishagale

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014)
Frances (2017)
I would love any information or tips about accommodation. Are you able to find accommodation as you trek or should you book ahead? Also, most of the information about Tours route says it’s flat but I have read on forums that is not exactly true?

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I would love any information or tips about accommodation. Are you able to find accommodation as you trek or should you book ahead? Also, most of the information about Tours route says it’s flat but I have read on forums that is not exactly true?
I have just got home from Christmas holiday visit to see family. I will private message you some information over the weekend.

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
@Trishagale
Private message sent to you last night. Hopefully it reached you and will be useful.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Kevin considine The Tours route 6

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 141 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 235 25.0%