• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best way to Skype home?

AmberPoss

Time of past OR future Camino
(2013)
Hi everyone, I'm planning on walking the Camino del Norte in April/May next year but would like to be able to Skype back home to Australia. Does anybody know of a SIM card I can get over in France or Spain which includes DATA usage?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
AmbarPoss,

Your post was surprisingly unanswered by many of the experts on this forum. Your Oz phone shares the same frequency used in France/Spain so to get the phone working you simply slip in a local SIM card. The types of SIM card has been extensively reviewed by those who have used it on the camino, if in doubt pm evanlow on this forum; you may even be able to meet him if you are passing through Singapore.

You can Skype anywhere where you can connect to wifi, you do not need a data or voice card for Skype. I also use the free video calling software Tango and Viber which sometimes connects better than Skype on a slow connection. Facetime is obviously the first choice for those with the newer iPhones and iPads.

I bought a data sim card before I left home. Before you leave home Spanisim.com will send you the number and will deliver it to you when you get to Spain.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum