• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booked it and building my life around it.

chadley

Time of past OR future Camino
September and October 2015
Leaving Melbourne on September 10th. Start my trek on 14th. Walking and cycling, arriving Santiago on October 11th. Then Paris for a few days R&R.
Training in Dandenongs but need to increase cycling training and gaining more confidence on 2 wheels!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't understand how a biking/walking trek works. Can someone enlighten me? I'm picturing riding some and pushing the bike some----surely that can't be correct. So does someone ditch the bike and start walking, or walk so far and pick up a bike?

I don't understand how a biking/walking trek works. Can someone enlighten me? I'm picturing riding some and pushing the bike some----surely that can't be correct. So does someone ditch the bike and start walking, or walk so far and pick up a bike?
Cher...all the above. Riding down a hill can be fun...trying to peddle up a steep, rocky path...not so much.
There are many bike rental companies that will deliver/pick up a bike along the Way.
Here's a scenario: start on foot at SJPDP and walk to Burgos. Because you have only a month...bike the Burgos to Leon. Walk to SDC.
Many other options.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey Chadley, Welcome to the Camino family. The Dandenongs are a great training ground (my home ground), but these days I live up on the Murray where the only 'hills' are in and out of the dry irrigation channels. A great walk is starting at FTG National Park, up the 1000 steps to One Tree Hill then down to Sherbrooke Rd, down through the forest & past the falls to Terry Avenue, down Andersons Rd, then up Acacia Avenue, down Alexander Ave, right into the Avenue, left into Mast Gully Rd, right at Burwood Highway then right again up Hughes Street, before descending via Janesleigh back to the FTG national park. Its around 14+kms and has the ups and downs that are so good for getting you in the way of The Way. Enjoy the training. In no time at all you will be in countdown to your Camino. Buen Camino

Have a great time and a wonderful adventure Buen Camino Chadley.
Welcome to the forum.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
how exciting!!!! I found you when I looked up the Calendar and loved how you worded your departure. It really is just like that - building your life around that date - as it is a pivotal point.. just still in the omgoodness when can I get this party started stages but it will happen and most likely roughly when you are off there too.
best wishes from qld.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back