• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

BUDGET ACCOMODATION in BARCELONA

Rainforest Girl

After about 30+ hours travel to get to Barcelona, I think I will need a good nights sleep before making my way to Hendaye.
Can anyone recommend some budget accommodation in Barcelona near the train station or the airport.
Probably the airport would be best as I arrive quite late.

Thanks
Annie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Barcelona is a very expensive place for accomodation. I discovered a brand new hostal .they just opened last month after complete rennovations..it is owned by two sisters from Chicago..location easy to get to as you just take the airport bus for a few euro to Plaza Catalyuna..the hostel is a very short walk from there...it is in the Exiample area...and it has a mix of room types..the least expensive is the 6 bunk gender dorm rooms for 23 euro..or if you want a single private room after your long flight it is 40 euro...I found these prices inexpensive ....for Barcelona!

I have a reservation there for a few days in June after my Camino....be sure to tell Lauren that Marilyn Rushton recommended them and that you are a pilgrim....their web site is http://www.somniohostels.com

Hope this helps!

Marilyn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Marilyn....I did check out the link for the hostel you suggested and it looks great. I may indulge in a room for myself after my epic journey across the world. With my experience on the Camino Francais, I guess it will probably be my last good nights sleep for a month.
Reprobus, I will probably reach Barcelona on the 24 June or thereabouts...and you?

Annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum