• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

buenos Dias from Ottawa

Iagopelegrino

Good Morning!

I happened upon this site while researching compeed (go figure). It apprears to be just what I need to resolve my obsession with my upcoming Camino (arrive SJPP Aug 11 first step anticipated for the 12th, wee hours). I have just taken "freedom 55" literally and the Camino is my self gift for my lifetime of work.

Looking forward to interacting with all the posters on this site and hopefully will find that I am not the only one who has been fanatically dedicated to the purchase (and repurchase) and packing (and repacking) of numerous items three months in advance of my departure.

Flights booked, train schedules memorized, every book I can find has been read or is on the night table...

Regards

Iago

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Iago

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on becoming jubilado - don't you just think the Spanish word for retirement is excellent!

You are obviously totally organised - well done - all there is now is the mounting excitement before you set off on the adventure. And don't think you are alone with obsessive reading, packing, unpacking etc! :)

We'll love to hear your experiences before, during and after.

Buen Camino when it comes.

John

Hi Iago, and welcome to the Forum :)
Great way to start jubilado, enjoy the rest of your planning and the anticipation :D By all means take compeed with you although it's not my favourite item - I found it stuck to socks, was difficult to remove and really (for me ) didn't do the job. Best thing is not to get blisters - good comfortable boots, or other footwear that suits you, and double socks. But wait for it - you are probably going to get inundated with advice or sites where you can get advice!

Buen Camino,
Brendan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well Iago, welcome to the club!! I also have been looking forward to starting my Camino on May 26th. It's close now and I am nervous. I am doing everything you mention. I pack and repack, and weigh everything many times...I got compeed, small plastic flasks for creams, soap, shoes, sandals, the works! I suggest you try a medicated stick from Band Aid that helps prevent blisters. You use it before putting the socks on. It is great. Get a badge from Ivar, it's so cool! You sew it on your pack and people from the forum will recognize you. Oh well, sorry for the enthusiasm but I can't help it. Bye, Buen Camino. Sumachado.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.