• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus service on National day of Spain public holiday, 12 Oct 2022

Ellann

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino 2022
French Camino 2024
Hi think tank. I have just come across information regarding 12 October, which is the National Day of Spain public holiday. I plan on staying in the Municipal Albergue in Fisterra and I want to catch the Monbus from Fisterra towards Muxia but the Monbus website says that there are no buses on that day. A local who lives in Morpeguite says that buses are running as per normal schedule, but I was wondering if there are any others who are in Spain / live in Spain who could direct me. I know I could walk from Fisterra to Muxia but I am not sure I want to walk the whole way so was going to get off the bus at Morpeguite to walk into Muxia. I am also pretty sure that the albergue won't let me stay 2 nights because it says that they are closed on public holidays as well as weekend. Leaving home on Tuesay finally after six years of planning, and several obvious delays.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

There is a bus. Leaving 11.15.
See official site Monbus.

EDIT! IF I click further ( download timetable ) then I see the 12th of October is an exception!
So now I am doubting.

Last edited:
There is a bus. Leaving 11.15.
See official site Monbus.

View attachment 132663

EDIT! IF I click further ( download timetable ) then I see the 12th of October is an exception!
So now I am doubting.
Yep already know that which is why I am asking locals. Reckon I am looking at either walking to Muxia or staying second night in Fisterra.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I would like to know as well. We are planning on traveling by bus to Porto on October 12th from Santiago.
Tks

Take a taxi

Most read last week in this forum