Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Bus service on National day of Spain public holiday, 12 Oct 2022

Ellann

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino 2022
Hi think tank. I have just come across information regarding 12 October, which is the National Day of Spain public holiday. I plan on staying in the Municipal Albergue in Fisterra and I want to catch the Monbus from Fisterra towards Muxia but the Monbus website says that there are no buses on that day. A local who lives in Morpeguite says that buses are running as per normal schedule, but I was wondering if there are any others who are in Spain / live in Spain who could direct me. I know I could walk from Fisterra to Muxia but I am not sure I want to walk the whole way so was going to get off the bus at Morpeguite to walk into Muxia. I am also pretty sure that the albergue won't let me stay 2 nights because it says that they are closed on public holidays as well as weekend. Leaving home on Tuesay finally after six years of planning, and several obvious delays.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

SabineP

Veteran Member
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi think tank. I have just come across information regarding 12 October, which is the National Day of Spain public holiday. I plan on staying in the Municipal Albergue in Fisterra and I want to catch the Monbus from Fisterra towards Muxia but the Monbus website says that there are no buses on that day. A local who lives in Morpeguite says that buses are running as per normal schedule, but I was wondering if there are any others who are in Spain / live in Spain who could direct me. I know I could walk from Fisterra to Muxia but I am not sure I want to walk the whole way so was going to get off the bus at Morpeguite to walk into Muxia. I am also pretty sure that the albergue won't let me stay 2 nights because it says that they are closed on public holidays as well as weekend. Leaving home on Tuesay finally after six years of planning, and several obvious delays.

There is a bus. Leaving 11.15.
See official site Monbus.

Screenshot_20220911-012518_Chrome.jpg

EDIT! IF I click further ( download timetable ) then I see the 12th of October is an exception!
So now I am doubting.

Last edited:

Ellann

Portuguese Camino 2022
There is a bus. Leaving 11.15.
See official site Monbus.

View attachment 132663

EDIT! IF I click further ( download timetable ) then I see the 12th of October is an exception!
So now I am doubting.
Yep already know that which is why I am asking locals. Reckon I am looking at either walking to Muxia or staying second night in Fisterra.

Frances/SJPP '15,'16,'18,'19,('20)
Way of St. Francis, Italy 2017
Portuguese/Finisterre 2018, 2019
Take a taxi

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Used Jacotrans for past 2 weeks. Received backpack today after a transfer in Astorga. Found one shoulder tension strap ripped out of its seam making backpack completely unusable. Other shoulder...
I am currently in SdC and am looking for the best way to return to Pamplona with my dog. Alsa will not take us, Any suggestions, ideas?
Friends, any suggestions of how best to get from Carrion de los Condes to Burgos on Saturday 1st October next (in the morning). Thanks

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides