• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

bus station in Madrid

frmikeminn

I've searched this thread and can't find any reference to where the bus station is in Madrid that one uses to get to Roncesvales. is it near the pureta del sol? thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,
To get to Roncesvalles from Madrid on the bus, take the bus from the Avenida de Americas bus station to Pamplona and then get the bus from Pamplona. The website movelia.es will help you with timetables. There's lots of information here on the bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles -- I haven't paid too much attention, but I think there's been a bus added to the daily 6 p.m. trip. Hope this helps. Laurie

Madrid doesn't have a central bus station as such. Barajas is an enormous airport but if you follow the signs - down the many escalators - to the Metro you will be able to get a fast trip into town to Estación de Avenida de América where the Alsa and Continental Auto buses leave from for Pamplona. Take a bus from there to Pamplona - about a 5 hour journey.
In Pamplona you then take another bus to Roncesvalles.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
just went online and printed a great map of the Metro. I can see clearly how to get from airport, to hotel, to bus station. looking forward to the journey. thanks to those of you who helped with details. great help.

Most read last week in this forum