• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Busy April

GerFol

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018. Camino Frances
2014. Camino Portaguese
2016. Camino Primitivo
I began my Camino in the second week of April having previously walked in May and September. I was expecting the route to be quieter however there are a lot of pilgrims at the moment. I'm now in Ponferrada with about 8 days to Santiago. Albergues in the main stage ends are busy. The afternoon I arrived in Carrion de Las Condes all albergues were full and having walked over 30k that day the only options were to walk another 12k to the next town or check into a hotel. For any pilgrims about to begin, it might be an idea to use 'inbetween' stage albergues if the wave of people that you are with is fairly big.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am in Eirexe out of Palas de Rei just to get out of the rush. The holidays in Spain has contributed to the large numbers. It is great to see the Spanish people enjoying their Camino but accommodation has been difficult. I have always booked ahead. Also one needs quiet time on the Camino and it is better to let the other groups pass just to get a short space of quiet.
Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum