• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

camino bug!

jim garrity

Time of past OR future Camino
Malaga to cordoba
Its happening again- the urge to get back to the camino! Have attempted the malaga to santiago route twice - both unsuccessful due to heat issues! Am getting this pang to return for a third time - any feedback would be much appreciated!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Its happening again- the urge to get back to the camino! Have attempted the malaga to santiago route twice - both unsuccessful due to heat issues! Am getting this pang to return for a third time - any feedback would be much appreciated!
Although many believe a third time is a charm....I'm not so sure.

Somewhere I also heard that, if you keep doing the exact same things expecting a different result...well!!!

Consider this: It's obvious you like the southern approaches...well, why not start in Lisbon. When I did the CP I started on the beach in Faro. I had a week at a resort, but two days into my stay...the Camino called. I immediately got on a bus and rode, past Lisbon, to Oporto. More beaches and cooler temps.
Bom Caminho,
Arn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Jim, Must be some sort of magic happens on the Camino, it amazes me the number of people that keep going back year after year. I will be doing my first Camino in September, so I will be interested to see if I catch the same "bug"!

Hi Jim.
I plan to walk from Malaga this spring, when do you plan to start?
Regards
George

Hi Jim.
I plan to walk from Malaga this spring, when do you plan to start?
Regards
George

Hi George,
I am hoping to start from Malaga at the end of March – same time as last year’s start on the Levante. I can’t firm up my plans just yet as there are a few things in the background that have to be resolved.
Perhaps we’ll meet again – which would be great.
Don

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well I've booked my flight to Malaga for the 7th of April, so its the Mozarabe for me this year. I guess I'll check in with the Malaga amigos and start walking on the 8th.
Basic plan is Malaga Merida Zamora then decide! I remember last year after Zamora there was quite a lot of earth works for road or rail construction, going to the northwest, so I decided to take the Astorga option.
regards
george

George,I did the same ,walked to Astorga but the next year walked the Sanabres and loved it. Managed around the construction in 2013.
I would do it again if I could!
Heather

Hi Heather,
I have been told and have read many times how nice a camino the Sanabres is but by the time I had got past Zamora I just wanted an easy end to my camino and while there are still a few toughish days left, especially Benevente-La Baneza, the route north is easy. then of course there is the French way (which often attracts negative comments, from Sarria in particular) which i just love, I like the atmosphere, I especially like seeing those pilgrims that start in Sarria enjoying the camino the way I have for the last month or so. If it gets a little crowded so what!!
Regards
George.
PS If you have only got a day in Edinburgh theres still enough time to see the castle in the morning, get the bus to Leith (not far) to see Britannia after lunch

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back