A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino de Madrid April 2020

2020 Camino Guides

sharon w

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
We start on April 22nd and will also walk the Invierno. Hope you have a Buen Camino!

PK Smit

Camino(s) past & future
(015)Irun to Santiago
(017)Lisboa to S
2018Caminha to Santiago
(2018) Camino English Ferrol Santiago
We did San Salvador last year, beautiful but tough.
Buen Camino

jennysa

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
Thanks for the feedback. I am hoping I will be 'match' fit by the time I reach the San Salvdor! ;-)
I start on 30 April, going as far as Leon and then am walking the Ingles. I have done the Primitivo twice and as far as I am concerned, it is the best. Do walk the Hospitales route - I have done both routes and there is no comparison IMHO

Stripey Socks

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances '13, Via de la Plata '14, Portuguese '16, Via Francigena - Italy '18, Madrid Combo'20
I start on 30 April, going as far as Leon and then am walking the Ingles. I have done the Primitivo twice and as far as I am concerned, it is the best. Do walk the Hospitales route - I have done both routes and there is no comparison IMHO
Thanks Jenny - will keep that in mind. I am going to cross over to the Verde and then cross-country to SdC to avoid the Frances. Mel

jmwlester

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances
2014 Jesus Trail
2016 Via Francigena (Italy)
2017 Camino Portugese
10 May for me from Madrid, up to the Frances, then the San Salvador from Leon and Primitivo from Oviedo. Buen Camino! Mel
I walked this route last year beginning April 13. Although very isolated, it was my best camino yet, and I have walked 9. At 72, it was challenging but doable.
Buen camino.

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2013), CPrim (2015), CdelN (2016), CVdeLP (2017),CM de Almeria (2018), CdelS de Alicante (2019)
I walked this route last year beginning April 13. Although very isolated, it was my best camino yet, and I have walked 9. At 72, it was challenging but doable.
Buen camino.

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2013), CPrim (2015), CdelN (2016), CVdeLP (2017),CM de Almeria (2018), CdelS de Alicante (2019)
May I ask which one is the best?
CdeM, CSS or CP?
thank you👍

PetraF

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Madrid 2020 will be my first one
I start April 26 from Madrid to sahagun. Not sure after that.

Alvin T

Camino(s) past & future
May I ask which one is the best?
CdeM, CSS or CP?
thank you👍
My short answer is - it depends. The Camino de Madrid has fewer walkers and I personally liked it that way. When I walked it last May, I only encountered 5 other pilgrims along the way. If you like lots of people interaction, choose a route accordingly.

Undermanager

Camino(s) past & future
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
I've walked it twice and really like it. It's perfect if you only have a two week holiday, lots of variety, more than enough places to stay and get fed and watered, good sign posting, is very quiet and ticks all the boxes (for me). If you have more time, the problem comes at the end of the two weeks; I was very unkeen to go from a very lonely camino to a really busy one. It's a bit of a shock so you need to plan / adjust accordingly.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 362 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock