• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Dreaming ...

Esperanza

Time of past OR future Camino
2015, 2019, 2022
This forum helped me tremendously to prepare for my two previous Caminos, so thank you all for that!

It seems lately that all I can think about is getting back on the Camino. I had a great trek in 2015, starting in Astorga; the only hiccup was a sprained ankle just outside Sarria, but I limped into Santiago just a little worse for the wear. In 2019 I had to quit my Camino due to illness (and poor physical preparation), and covid has stymied my plans to go back and finish it. However, it has also given me the time and opportunity to lose weight and get in better shape. While I still have more work to do, I have made progress. So thanks, covid, for that. I guess. In between walks and work outs, I daydream about powering up and over those big, bad Pyrenees, and having a more pleasant all around experience than the last time.

Having walked in spring and fall, I much prefer spring. My tentative plan is to start from SJPP in April 2022, but if I need to scratch that Camino itch sooner, I could possibly go this fall.

Fun facts about me:
I am not a cat. 🤣🤣🤣
I have met Ivar twice. ❤️❤️
I live in Washington state, US, on the west coast.
Long ago I sold footwear at REI.

With hubby in Logroño, September 2019. (I am now 40 pounds/18 kilos lighter.)

IMG_0925.jpeg

Tenemos dos fuerzas que nos ayudan a vivir:
El olvido y la esperanza.

We have two strengths that help us live:
Forgetting and hope.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This forum helped me tremendously to prepare for my two previous Caminos, so thank you all for that!

It seems lately that all I can think about is getting back on the Camino. I had a great trek in 2015, starting in Astorga; the only hiccup was a sprained ankle just outside Sarria, but I limped into Santiago just a little worse for the wear. In 2019 I had to quit my Camino due to illness (and poor physical preparation), and covid has stymied my plans to go back and finish it. However, it has also given me the time and opportunity to lose weight and get in better shape. While I still have more work to do, I have made progress. So thanks, covid, for that. I guess. In between walks and work outs, I daydream about powering up and over those big, bad Pyrenees, and having a more pleasant all around experience than the last time.

Having walked in spring and fall, I much prefer spring. My tentative plan is to start from SJPP in April 2022, but if I need to scratch that Camino itch sooner, I could possibly go this fall.

Fun facts about me:
I am not a cat. 🤣🤣🤣
I have met Ivar twice. ❤️❤️
I live in Washington state, US, on the west coast.
Long ago I sold footwear at REI.

With hubby in Logroño, September 2019. (I am now 40 pounds/18 kilos lighter.)

View attachment 101223

Tenemos dos fuerzas que nos ayudan a vivir:
El olvido y la esperanza.

We have two strengths that help us live:
Forgetting and hope.
That is great progress you have made. We'll done. I to have the camino it has very bad. I'm tentatively planing on the le puy camino in 2022 with 2 sons and 1 daughter. I like your forget and hope idea. Very good. One things that has helped me refrain from bitterness is to realize most of us are actually trying our best to get through our day. Sometimes we fail badly but other times we do quite well. Allow some grace to others as we dont know what burden they carry.
I hope to run I to you next year. Buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.