• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances 2022

GailGwyn

Time of past OR future Camino
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Hi my husband and I are hoping to walk the Camino Frances again, starting on 30th April 2022, with 2 friends from America.

We walked the Ingles in September 2020 and had hoped to walk the Camino Portuguese this year. Who knows?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Indeed, who knows?

I was loosely planning the VdlP for early 2022.

But I think at this stage, any plans are 'lightly held'........
As John Lennon once said; "You know, you know, you never know. You know"'
But I do know for a fact based on the World According to @lt56ny that you will walk the VDLP in early 2022. I know this because I will without a doubt be walking the VDLP starting from the Cathedral in Sevilla on October14, 2021 to the Santiago and onward and upward to Muxia. If I have time I may try to sneak in the Ingles after Muxia. See I have big plans that will not be changed and the Pandemic will not get in our way because Spain will be open for me and Australia and Spain will then be open for you.
I have spoken it is a done deal!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
See I have big plans that will not be changed and the Pandemic will not get in our way because Spain will be open for me and Australia and Spain will then be open for you.
I have spoken it is a done deal!!!!
I hope our government is listening to you.

Hi my husband and I are hoping to walk the Camino Frances again, starting on 30th April 2022, with 2 friends from America.

We walked the Ingles in September 2020 and had hoped to walk the Camino Portuguese this year. Who knows?
HI there, Im hoping to hook into the CF mid April 2022.. but sadly due to knee issues and time restrictions Im thinking of starting in Leon. Flying from NZ so bit of a hike but cant wait!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
HI there, Im hoping to hook into the CF mid April 2022.. but sadly due to knee issues and time restrictions Im thinking of starting in Leon. Flying from NZ so bit of a hike but cant wait!
Hi Barney12. You'll have a great time. Don't forget to visit the 'Wet Quarter' in Leon, for drinks and ponchos!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will be 75 next January and plan to do the Camino Frances from SJPP on March 31, 2022, God willing. I will meet my family in Sarria for the walk on in to Santiago. I(We) will be doing the SLOW CAMINO to fully enjoy out camino.
You will not be alone - even at 75. What amazed me when we walked was the large number of over 70's (even low 80's) who still have the "briskness of step" to complete this pilgrimage. I hope to manage ... and remember to do it at "your speed", not somebody else's.
Buen Camino

I’m hoping to do the CF from SJPP next May, meeting up with my wife in Burgos. We just need to be more positive and hopefully restrictions will ease by then.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

We will be starting from SJPdP on April 28th. We are old and slow, so you'll probably blow right past us early on. BTW, this will be the third time we've booked - we had to cancel in 2019 (family emergency) and 2020 (COVID). We're hoping this third time will be the charm! Buen Camino!

At 75 and 64, we made a pact that if we got through this whole mess unscathed, we would walk the CF from St Jean over 40 days. Our daughter and grand daughter have agreed to join us at Astorga, so June-July three generations on the camino. Fingers crossed!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I hope our government is listening to you.
Kanga no worries, I am all over it! I have some really wonderful Camino friends that were going to walk with me this year. We are not getting any younger and we have now postponed our walk together for almost 2 years. They won't keep us apart in 2022!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
At 75 and 64, we made a pact that if we got through this whole mess unscathed, we would walk the CF from St Jean over 40 days. Our daughter and grand daughter have agreed to join us at Astorga, so June-July three generations on the camino. Fingers crossed!

Why rush? ;)

At ages 57, 59 and 61, I planned on 40 days.
Now 64.
If I ever do it again, I'll slow down a bit :rolleyes:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I will be 75 next January and plan to do the Camino Frances from SJPP on March 31, 2022, God willing. I will meet my family in Sarria for the walk on in to Santiago. I(We) will be doing the SLOW CAMINO to fully enjoy out camino.
HI there... Im doing a slow walk from Leon to Santiago leaving Leon around April 30th. I wonder if you will be around Leon then? Are you sticking to a planned journey or winging it? Be good to have others around that Ive made contact with! Thanks and buen camino! :)

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back