• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances June 2014

LucyWilliams

Time of past OR future Camino
June (2014)
Hello, I am planning to walk the Camino Frances in June 2014 and I am a bit worried about walking on my own for 800 km - anyone out there to reassure me who has done it before/is friendly and is walking next summer?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
well, I guess my only fear is how safe it is for a woman to walk it alone, as my stamina and spanish skills are something that I can control. I guess in June there will be a lot of other people on the way, so I should meet people as I go - it just seems like a bit of a daunting undertaking at the moment =-)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Lucy,
Welcome to the forum! As you search around the forum with the now much-improved search function up on the right, you'll find lots of threads about women walking alone, safety, sense of security, etc. Let me just say that as a 63 year old woman who has been walking caminos "alone" since 2000, I have never felt threatened or unsafe. And that includes many nights alone in albergues on un-traveled Caminos where I have been the only peregrina for days on end. On the Francés, it will be up to you to decide whether you want to walk alone or with others, and you´ll be amazed at how quickly your Camino family is formed. I think you will get a lot of reassurance reading the experiences of others, because there are many of us who walk alone by choice. Buen camino, Laurie

Hello, I am planning to walk the Camino Frances in June 2014 and I am a bit worried about walking on my own for 800 km - anyone out there to reassure me who has done it before/is friendly and is walking next summer?

Hi Lucy,

I also walked alone from SJPDP and by the time I had arrived at Orrison (8Km from SJPDP) I had walking companions you will always have someone to walk with along the Camino I found 99% of the pilgrims are very warm, welcoming, chatty and friendly... You won't ever find that other pilgrims refusing to walk with you...
By the time I reached Pamplona I found I'd 2 walking companions all the way to Santiago...

we used to agree the evening before our destination for the following days walk with a breakfast stop and lunch stop... we done this so if we wished to have some quiet reflection time we could... If we had had some quiet time we would wait at the agreed stops to make sure we were all fighting fit and there were no feet problems... but more often than not we'd walk together or within sight of each other...
Yes some people would say this wouldn't work for everyone but for me it did... We all still stay in-touch on a regular basis...

One thing we did do in the cities is we would look to stay in either a Hostel or Hotel so we could enjoy a little bit of well earned comfort, we got rooms with 3 bed to keep the costs down to around between 10 and 15 euros per person...

if at any time you feel unsafe or worried along the way walk close if not with other Pilgrims and tell them of your concerns you will be made to feel welcome...

I hope this has been of some help...
Just remember enjoy your Way :)

Buen Camino

Bryan :)

Hi Lucy,

I am also like you planning to do the French Way this year in June. I am told there will be good and bad days, but its part of the Camino experience. I was worried and still am in some way but reading all these messages from women is great and sounds like if we do get a little worried there will be lots of our new Camino friends to help out on "the way".

Take care and I might see you on the way
Deanna

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

hello lucy,

you will never be alone in the cf in june, there will be hundreds of other peregrinos walking the route in june. you can walk along a group or you can walk on your own if you preferred.

buen camino.

Hi Lucy, you're never really alone on the camino (you said you were going in June, so gazillions of pilgrims walk then!) I walked alone and loved it. I had my own space on the road, and in the evenings, I had many people who were willing to have me at their table if I wished. I was alone on my birthday, and I asked to join a wonderful group of ladies, who welcomed me with big smiles and lots of love in their hearts. They celebrated with me, and I had a lovely evening. So don't worry, everyone is always there for you, and there are always others who are willing to hook up with you if you feel like chatting. Buen camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back