• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Frances Sept-Oct 2012

Pibrac

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept-oct 2012 Camino Frances SJPP-SdC-Fin-Mux
June-july 2017 Camino Frances SJPP-
I'm from Quebec and I plan to start from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port first week of September.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
may see you there. my son, two friends and myself are planning to start the 7th of sept.

Me too!! looking to begin first week in September from St Jean Pied de Port.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Pibrac said:
I'm from Quebec and I plan to start from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port first week of September.

Hi, I'm planning on starting from SJPdP also the first week of September. I'm from Arizona, in the States. Hope to see you along the way! :D

Hi
planning to start StJPdP 5th September with my teenage son. We're from Lithgow, near Sydney Australia. Looking forward to it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, my name is Heidie Smith and I am from Ballito in south Africa and plan to be starting from St Jean at the beginning of September Hope we meet up along the way

Pibrac said:
Great! We've met several Québecois on the Camino, same time last year, and were amazed of their energy and consistency. The most pleasant surprise they apparently had, was that there weren't many insects along the trail. Welcome and Ultreya!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi I'm originally from Texas, but live in New Zealand and will be walking from Burgos to Santiago mid Sept to Mid Oct... hope to complete it in 20 days. Can't stop thinking about it and researching. Wanted to go ever since I read Shirley Maclaine's book 12 years ago. Glad to have found this forum. Michelle :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello.

I'm American living in Ireland and was hoping to do the French Way in Sept-Oct 2012. I have the shoes, pack and time off work. Now for the rest of the planning!

JillHives said:
Hello.

I'm American living in Ireland and was hoping to do the French Way in Sept-Oct 2012. I have the shoes, pack and time off work. Now for the rest of the planning!

See you along the way. I, too, am walking during that time. If you see a Texas flag patch and a forum patch, that'll probably be me! :)
Buen Camino!
"Bozzie"

:D from the Hawaiian islands US _ will be starting from SJPdP first week of September. Looking forward to meeting you All on the way! Aloha, Devika

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
wow...i thought i was gonna have a long flight from portland, but it doesn't seem so long compared to yours.

We're starting after you and further along (Leon on Sep 7) - but you're all likely to catch us up and overtake us. Do stop to say hi! We'll be the group with eight kids and a Grandpa - hard to miss, I imagine.

Kiwi-family said:
We're starting after you and further along (Leon on Sep 7) - but you're all likely to catch us up and overtake us. Do stop to say hi! We'll be the group with eight kids and a Grandpa - hard to miss, I imagine.

Ivar, will be pleased if you all have pilgrim (forum) badges :arrow: , I'm sure 11badges will be cheaper too :D
(see below)
Could be a bottle-neck behind you trying to get passed, watch out for cyclists they come up behind you unannounced & scare the living daylights out of you :)

Buen Camino David

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I knew there would be a lot of us on the Camino, and this blog proves it!!
I'm from North Oaks, MN. I'll be starting from SJPP on Sept 6th! My husband will join me 4 weeks later - probably near Sarria. Great friends of ours may start with me - they're still making their plans - I hope it works out for all of us.
A friend told me "your Camino started the moment you said 'YES' to the adventure". So true.
The Camino is like no other experience and I haven't even packed my bags yet.

And I thought Sept-Oct would be a quiet time to walk! I still have to make final arrangements but I'm planning to leave Scotland in the last days of August. Excited!

HighlandHind said:
And I thought Sept-Oct would be a quiet time to walk! I still have to make final arrangements but I'm planning to leave Scotland in the last days of August. Excited!

I'll listen for the accent on the trail. It's one of my favourites. :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
HighlandHind said:
September was certainly great walking weather for my Camino Ingles last year. Buen Camino from a fellow Scot!

Hi I,m Kevin I,m from england , lived in southern africa for many years have just booked my flight in the last few minutes for the 9th sept to biarritz so hope to see you along the way.

De Montréal...je ne connais pas la date de mon départ mais ce sera un Camino d'automne aussi.

From Montréal...don't have the exact date doggy now but it'll be a fall Camino.

See you there

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Panache avec Tapatalk

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Made my plane reservations. I leave the States on Sept. 1st, arrive in Biarritz on Sept 2nd. Shuttle van to St. Jean Pied de Port - I'll be staying in a hotel in St. Jean the evenings of the 2nd and 3rd. I'm starting my Camino on the 4th - already have my reservation in Orisson.
I'm so excited :D
Hope to see you all on the Way

Arlene

amourier said:
Made my plane reservations.
Oh no! You will regret this decision. ONLY JOKING! Have a great time. :D

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Doing the camino for the first time. Hope to depart SJPP on Sept 2 or 3. I'm from Arizona too! Got my plane ticket and my train ticket and am excited to get started. Am loving this site and all the insights are really helpful.

DAuntDeb said:
Doing the camino for the first time. Hope to depart SJPP on Sept 2 or 3. I'm from Arizona too! Got my plane ticket and my train ticket and am excited to get started. Am loving this site and all the insights are really helpful.

Hi, I'm from Tucson, where are you from? Hopefully we'll meet up along the way!
Ultreya
Arlene

I'm in Scottsdale. I think we will have plenty of warm weather training opptys . Looking forward to the cooler weather in Spain.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm from Fairbanks, Alaska and will be departing SJPP with my mom on the 7th of September. I'm sooo excited. We will be doing the pilgrim breakfast before we leave SJPP, i hope i get to meet some of you guys! Buen Camino!

Chris 24yrs

Hello. My name is Ruddy and I am an IDIOT :D...... I have been wanting to do this trip for 15 years!!! My wife decided to give me this trip as a gift 2 days ago....PROBLEM IS..... I am leaving tomorrow and have not read into it for the last 10 years... So do you think that you may possibly help this IDIOT out? I have all the things I need. I just don't know where to go or even if I can make it in the 10 days I have. I will be flying into LEON at 3pm......

Ruddy said:
Hello. My name is Ruddy and I am an IDIOT :D...... I have been wanting to do this trip for 15 years!!! My wife decided to give me this trip as a gift 2 days ago....PROBLEM IS..... I am leaving tomorrow and have not read into it for the last 10 years... So do you think that you may possibly help this IDIOT out? I have all the things I need. I just don't know where to go or even if I can make it in the 10 days I have. I will be flying into LEON at 3pm......

Welcome Ruddy. And I thought I planned my Caminos at short notice!

You're pushing it quite hard to do Leon-Santiago in 10 days if that's where you intend to end, assuming you walk an average distance and pace. Usually it would be closer to 2 weeks. You could get a bus to somewhere like Ponferrada, which would be 9 days to Santiago and leave a little bit of time there if you want to look round or do the 'pilgrim rituals'.

I assume the tourist office in Leon (on the square opposite the cathedral) can give you a pilgrims passport if you don't have one. However you might want to head straight to the bus station from the airport and try to make it to your starting point that night.

Buen Camino!

Hi
I'm from Ireland and will be starting out from SJPdeP on the 1st of Sept. Might bump into some of you along the way!
Eilish

Leaving Portland, oregon, September 3, plan to start camino by the 5th. Still hoping for a positive response from auberge orisson but may end up in roncevalles that night Maybe we will see you on the plane David g...

Merryecho said:
Leaving Portland, oregon, September 3, plan to start camino by the 5th. Still hoping for a positive response from auberge orisson but may end up in roncevalles that night Maybe we will see you on the plane David g...

Makes me smile to know that there will be another Oregonian on the trail at the same time. I am a long time resident of La Grande. I will be leaving here in late August with plans to begin the camino on September 6 or 7 so maybe we will run into each other. Steve

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Meryecho, what flight are you on? the flight my son and i are on flies to iceland, then paris. the plan is to arrive at sjpp on the 4th, start walking on the 5th.

npak907 said:
I'm from Fairbanks, Alaska and will be departing SJPP with my mom on the 7th of September. I'm sooo excited. We will be doing the pilgrim breakfast before we leave SJPP, i hope i get to meet some of you guys! Buen Camino!

Chris 24yrs

What's the pilgrim breakfast? All they eat is toast and jam, washed down with cafe con leche.

It seems to be enough though. I didn't loose any weight.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Merryecho said:

Hola, Merryecho!
I, too, am planning on leaving around the 5th of September from SJPP. I will be leaving from Dallas on either the 3rd or 4th, as I'm flying stand-bye. ( If I get there on the 4th, I'll start on the 5th.)
If you see a Texas flag patch and a Forum patch sewn on a turquiose backpack, that's me! :)
Hope all goes well for your trip!
Buen Camino,
"Bozzie"
(Dee Anne)

Bozzie said:
Merryecho said:

Hola, Merryecho!
I, too, am planning on leaving around the 5th of September from SJPP. I will be leaving from Dallas on either the 3rd or 4th, as I'm flying stand-bye. ( If I get there on the 4th, I'll start on the 5th.)
If you see a Texas flag patch and a Forum patch sewn on a turquiose backpack, that's me! :)
Hope all goes well for your trip!
Buen Camino,
"Bozzie"
(Dee Anne)

Hi Merryecho and Bozzie,
I'm starting my Camino on Sept 4th leaving from SJPdP. Look for me along the way, I've allowed 2 months to get to Santiago so you'll probably catch up with me in a couple of days. I have a burgundy pack with three patches, forum, Americans on the Camino and Confraternity of St. James - you'll also know me by my New York accent. See you on the Way :arrow:
Arlene

Hello again.......

I'm Rob from Cleveland Ohio. Leaving Cleveland on Sept 11, to Madrid, Pamplona and finally to Roncesvalles. I plan on leaving Rncv on the 14th with a planned finish date of Oct 19. Best to everyone. Have a safe and fascinating Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
irishgurrrl said:
Hi
I'm from Ireland and will be starting out from SJPdeP on the 1st of Sept. Might bump into some of you along the way!
Eilish

When I read this I thought it was me, and then realised that I'm only doing it in my dreams this year! Started same date, same place in 2010. Best experience of my life. :)

Buen Camino to you all.
Mary.

I'm from PEI and I will be starting in Castrojeriz on Sept 14 so may meet some of you on the trail :) Walking to Finisterre.

Buen Camino,
Rachelle

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.