• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

camino in october?

zammy

any suggestion? how much rain expected? temperatures? open albergues? mud? snow?
Startong point Pamplona, all the way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, my name is Hagit, and im planning to start the camino from Pamplona in october 4/5th, going all the way. Would love to hear from people who walked it at that season, any updates i should know - weather, paths? i hear there are be(a)d bugs in some places, where should i stay away from?
Anyone planning to go on the same/close dates?
Thank you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi

I starts in Roncesvalles 6 Oct and stop in Burgos 16 Oct.
Weather reports looks (so long) good.
After what I have read, Oct is a good month to walk the Camino.

Knut, Norway

Welcome to the Forum and Class of 2011.

May I suggest the following:

1. Check the FAQ at the top right of the page.

2. If you have a specific question, enter the topic in the SEARCH box at the top right.

3. To see whom may be on Camino at the same time...check the Camino Calendar at the bottom right. Also add your info for others.

Buen Camino

Arn

I will be serving as a hospitalera in Santo Domingo de la Calzada from Oct 16-31. If any of you are walking during that time, please stop in and stay for the night!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
zammy said:
any suggestion? how much rain expected? temperatures? open albergues? mud? snow?
Startong point Pamplona, all the way.

Walked all the way (from Lourdes) in october/november 2008.
Expect all of the above, including (perhaps) bed-bugs.
I didn't meet the critters myself, but two fellow pilgrims did. One in an albergue, another one in a hotel.
Rainy days, dry days. Sub-zero temperatures and sunny and warm days.
Expect some albergues to close after 1 november.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum