• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Inglés starting Saturday, March 24 2018

KathWalking

Time of past OR future Camino
Inglés (2018)
Im katherine from Canada and South Africa. I’m planning my Camino Inglés in short order and will be going solo starting Saturday. Is there anyone else planning on commencing from Ferrol on Saturday?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Katherine
Welcome to the Forum!
Al the optimist and HeidiL are starting at the same time so maybe you will meet them. I walked the Ingles during Easter in 2015 and there were a lot of people walking, mostly Spanish people. It was a joy walking the Ingles, it is one of my favorites and I have walked it twice. Maybe I'll walk it again as the trail has been altered since I walked it.
Buen Camino and all the best to you

Im katherine from Canada and South Africa. I’m planning my Camino Inglés in short order and will be going solo starting Saturday. Is there anyone else planning on commencing from Ferrol on Saturday?
I have already replied on the other post.
We will start the Camino Saturday and stay at Neda also.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Greetings JAVS79. I’m delighted to hear this! Are you catching the bus from Santiago dC on Saturday am?

We're flying from Lisbon to Coruña, and then we catch the train to Ferrol.

I had a cough and cold and the weather was pretty bad. For the first time ever I chickened out and spent most the week in bed in warm hotels. Now beck home doing thge same. Maybe I should have just come back on the day after I got there?
Well done to those that made it. You did not have the best of walking conditions.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I had a cough and cold and the weather was pretty bad. For the first time ever I chickened out and spent most the week in bed in warm hotels. Now beck home doing thge same. Maybe I should have just come back on the day after I got there?
Well done to those that made it. You did not have the best of walking conditions.
Oh my, it was rainy but enjoyable nonetheless and really quite busy given Semana Santa. I wish you a speedy recovery, Al.

We had a problem with our flight to Coruna. It was canceled due to lack of personal, and we had to start the camino only on Sunday at 01pm.
We tried to walk to Pontedeume on the first day, but it was impossible.
We could catch up the camino we had planned in Betanzos, but we didn't had vacancy on the Albergue.
From there it was as planned. We did find that it was a difficult way because of the weather. It was raining most of the days and we had to make an extra effort to get to Santiago on Thursday as planned.
I will repeat this way again to enjoy it even more.
Ultreia!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Oh my, it was rainy but enjoyable nonetheless and really quite busy given Semana Santa. I wish you a speedy recovery, Al.
It’s entirely doable if you’ve got a good stride - at 5ft2 I don’t - and if you don’t have blisters. If you’re doing 5km an hour you can walk a 40km day in 9 hours, with breaks. But hey, it’s lovely to stroll too

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am in the strolling class. We have been passed on many occasions by the 40kms a day walkers.

In the past I walked faster and longer than now. Is it age or wisdom catching up on me?
Probably wisdom, gained by age :).
Hope you have recovered now @Al the optimist

This afternoon I finally feel awake and better Tia. Maybe it was the thunderstorm this afternoon in Wolverhampton finally waking me up? (Or maybe 4 very sweet cupcakes?)
It takes an awful lot to drag me down - I was even moaning about things! Not me at all that.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.