• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Madrid or Mozarabe in October

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
I'm trying to decide on a Camino route for October. I've come down to Camino Madrid- starting Madrid and finishing in Sahagun, or Camino Mozarabe - Almeria to Granada.
Any thoughts, ideas or comments to help me choose?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I’ve walked both, but in springtime. They are similar in some ways — lots of off-road walking (though the Madrid may have more), great albergue structure, no pilgrims.

For fall, I would choose the southern route.

So much of the Madrid takes you through wide open agricultural fields, which will all be brown and harvested. But the towns are nice and the hospitality much appreciated.

The Mozárabe, whatever the time of year, has Nely and the Amigos extraordinaire. There is no other route that I can think of where the amigos group is so heavily involved in the infrastructure (they have built most of the albergues themselves) and so committed to taking care of you if you want to be taken care of! Also, since the scenery is more mountainous in parts, and will have fewer brown fields (but many many olive groves), I would find it more enjoyable to walk in fall.

I don’t want to get into the realm of unsolicited advice, but just to make sure you have considered the Invierno from Ponferrada and the Geira from Braga to Santiago, because I think both of those are excellent choices for fall.

Buen camino, Laurie

I don’t want to get into the realm of unsolicited advice, but just to make sure you have considered the Invierno from Ponferrada and the Geira from Braga to Santiago, because I think both of those are excellent choices for fall.
Thanks Laurie, the Mozarabe was my initial choice indeed.
I never heard of the Geira camino before, looks wonderful.....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm trying to decide on a Camino route for October. I've come down to Camino Madrid- starting Madrid and finishing in Sahagun, or Camino Mozarabe - Almeria to Granada.
I can recommend you the Mozarabe. We walked this camino in oct 2019, beautiful, hills, amazing views and nice weather !

I can recommend you the Mozarabe. We walked this camino in oct 2019, beautiful, hills, amazing views and nice weather !

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back