• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino music

olifiddle

I am Oliver Schroer, a composer/violinist from Canada. I walked in May/June of 2004. Whenever I could, I played (and recorded) in churches. Many fellow walkers heard me, but it was also impossible to predict where I would play next (you all know what I'm talking about, right?) Could be any number of reasons why it wouldn't work - locked churches, sore feet, etc, etc.

In any case, I have just released a CD of this music, available through my website. I would welcome any correspondance about it - would be great to catch up with any of you I met along the way and to hear from pilgrims interested in violin music.

The recording includes a lot of sound effects and field recordings taken along the way - birds, bells, the sounds of Camino.

check it out (pics, soundbytes, Camino diaries)

http://www.oliverschroer.com

Ultreia

Oliver

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola

A Camino friend of mine recommended this to me just before Christmas and I today have been given a copy by my girlfriend. First I think the CD is wonderfully packaged and presented, especially with its accompanying booklet in different languages. Secondly the concept of playing music and recording it on the Camino is wonderful. I really found it quite moving

It is something to treasure. Light a candle and relax with a glass of wine and let the music take you away.

Thanks Sarah for recommending it, thanks Beverley for the gift and thanks Oliver for the music.

Hola,

I stumbled upon a reference to Oliver's Cd and bought it this week....and wholeheartily agree.... the music is delightful..and the packaging and notes wonderful...great to see it mentioned on this site!

I have seen many pictures of the Way......but now I can listen to the sounds....church bells ....birds....footsteps....music... even church doors closing...thanks Oliver!!

My flight from Halifax, Nova Scotia is booked for April 26th ....I will undertake my first Camino ....and I am really looking forward to the experiences that each day will bring... I must say thanks to all who post on this site...I think I have read each archived thread at least once if not more and have learned many, many useful things for my Camino preparation.

Thanks for sharing,
Marilyn

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks to Ginn and Melinda alterting to us to the sad passing of the above musician.

Not only was he a member of this forum but his music touched us, gave us something a lasting image of the Camino by music.

Sad news indeed, at least he touched the world in a beautiful way. He managed to leave a memory left for us of his own pilgrimage.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.