• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues Coastal from Viana do Castelo to Santiago de Compostela Sept 3 - Sept 12, 2014

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Camino Portugues Coastal the second time this year. Walking 9 days and about 220km.
I love this camino :) I use Luis Freixos guide and maps which I have on my iPad mini. So first time no books!

From Viana all the way to Redondela very lonely though but I don´t mind that.
I did the Amigos service two weeks before walking and spend about 5 weeks in Spain and Portugal.
My last day Sunday the 15th of September was very different i Santiago because La Vuelta ended there and lots of people. Peregrinos arriving got a very diffrent arrival at Obradoiro which was very crowded.

Attachments

• 2014-09-03 03.06.13.jpg
    2014-09-03 03.06.13.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 2014-09-06 13.10.23.jpg
    2014-09-06 13.10.23.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 2014-09-08 12.06.54.jpg
    2014-09-08 12.06.54.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My stages this time:

Day 0 Bus from Santiago to Viana do Castelo €23 Convento do Carmo €6

Day 1 Viana do Castelo, Portugal - A Guarda, Spain 34 km Convento San Benito €78 (room for three)

Day 2 A Guarda - Guames 26 km Albergue Touristico €10

Day 3 Guames - A Ramallosa 24 kmConvento Apostolicas €10 (single room)

Day 4 rest day

Day 5 A Ramalosa - Vigo 22 km Hotel Tryp Vigo Los Galeones €50

Day 6 Vigo - Redondela 22 km Albergue €15

Day 7 Redondela - Pontevedra 22 km Hotel La Peregrina €30

Day 8 Pontevedra - Candas de Reis 24 km Hotel Sena €39

Day 9 Caldas de Reis - Pazos 24 km Hotel La Scala €40

Day 10 Pazos - Santiago 22 km Albergue Roots

Buen camino :)

Last edited:
My stages this time:

Day 0 Bus from Santiago to Viana do Castelo €23 Convento do Carmo €6

Day 1 Viana do Castelo, Portugal - A Guarda, Spain 34 km Convento San Benito €78 (room for three)

Day 2 A Guarda - Guames 26 km Albergue Touristico €10

Day 3 Guames - A Ramallosa 24 kmConvento Apostolicas €10 (single room)

Day 4 rest day

Day 5 A Ramalosa - Vigo 22 km Hotel Tryp Vigo Los Galeones €50

Day 6 Vigo - Redondela 22 km Albergue €15

Day 7 Redondela - Pontevedra 22 km Hotel La Peregrina €30

Day 8 Pontevedra - Candas de Reis 24 km Hotel Sena €39

Day 9 Caldas de Reis - Pozos 24 km Hotel La Scala €40

Day 10 Pozos - Santiago 22 km Albergue Roots

Buen camino :)
Did you hire a taxi boat in Caminho to cross the river Minho to a Guarda Annie ?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Albertinho
We were three peregrinos that day and my intention was not to cross the river my first day at all.
I was walking with Italian Luisa and South Coren Sol and he had all the info about mario a fisherman who took us over the river so we decided to keep together and cross the river together also.
We never walked to downtown Caminha but walked to the west of Caminha through the forest to the beaches where Fisherman Mario was waiting for us.

Hi Annie, where did you get this guide.

@wayfarer

www.caminador.es
download the guide AND the maps and open in Abobe, iBooks or Kindle (so no need for online connction when you are walking).

You will need the maps.

Mr Freixo has a refugio in his home south of Vigo in the mountains which I unfortunately missed.
I have not figured out yet how to donate some money for his great work and perfect guide he is offering.

Buen camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@Albertinho
We were three peregrinos that day and my intention was not to cross the river my first day at all.
I was walking with Italian Luisa and South Coren Sol and he had all the info about mario a fisherman who took us over the river so we decided to keep together and cross the river together also.
We never walked to downtown Caminha but walked to the west of Caminha through the forest to the beaches where Fisherman Mario was waiting for us.
Thanks Annie

Looking forward to more Camino adventures of you

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back