• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Portugues in mid May 2023

• Thread starter Former member 106854
  • Start date
F

Former member 106854

Walking from Porto to Santiago, starting on May 19th. What should I expect in terms of climate (temp, rain, etc.) Thanks in advance.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Walking from Porto to Santiago, starting on May 19th. What should I expect in terms of climate (temp, rain, etc.) Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome here.

Some examples. Three random websites but there are more of course.

Porto

Tui

Santiago de Compostela

You will walk in Galicia so there is a good chance that there will be rain.

Happy preparations!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked from Lisbon to Santiago last year in May. After Porto, it was hot, cold, raining, cloudy, so be prepared for everything

I know the weather is unpredictable..., but, thanks anyway for the guidance. I now have a better idea of what to expect. Happy weekend to all!

It could be hot, or cold, or cloudy, or sunny, or rainy. Take your pick. However, it could be all of those, or only one. You can be certain, it is unlikely to snow.

P.S. how long is your piece of string.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I know the weather is unpredictable..., but, thanks anyway for the guidance. I now have a better idea of what to expect. Happy weekend to all!
Hola, I am arriving Porto next week the 16 and have been asking the same question about the weather to know what to pack. It looks like it is going to be a little of everything.

I’m coming the week after and trying to decide if a sheet sleeping bag will be fine at night and whether my north face uk rain jacket will be hot. So many small decisions....

Most read last week in this forum