• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Portugues - sleeping bag or liner

• Thread starter Former member 106797
  • Start date
F

Former member 106797

Hi
Am walking the CP from Porto in April. My question is whether I need to pack a sleeping bag or can I get away with just my silk sleeping bag liner? I heard that some albergues no longer provide blankets post Covid. What do people recommend?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m doing the same, starting February 28. I’ll be packing a very light down sleeping bag. I’d do the same in April.

Starting from Lisbon late March. Will be taking a 1 season sleeping bag, mat and my trusty bivvy (1.5 klg for the lot) as well as a down jacket which is the "what if" upgrade for the bag and cool mornings.
Buen Camino to you both.
Don

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum