• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Portugues

man.grangeburn

Michael A. Nolan
Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria-SdC June (2010).
Tui-SdC Sept (2019).
Myself (from Bordeaux) and four other Scots (from Edinburgh) are setting off to Porto on May 28th. After an overnight there, we are catching the train the next morning to Valença where we will spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon enjoying the sights, food and drink. We will set off across the River Miño and into Tui, Galicia in the afternoon to find our accommodation for that night. An evening meal and drinks, followed by bed, will allow us to start walking to Santiago de Compostela the next morning. Is there anyone else who is leaving Tui on the 30th May and would like to introduce themselves? Buen Camino! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino! We are doing the Coastal way from Baiona a few weeks earlier than you are. Is this your first Camino?

Buen Camino! We are doing the Coastal way from Baiona a few weeks earlier than you are. Is this your first Camino?

I walked the last 100 kms+ from Sarria to Santiago in 2010 (the last Holy Year I think?). For the others it is their first. We are all 65 years + and are taking the easy approach by staying in hotels. It is a little awkward getting to a suitable starting point on the various Caminos from Scotland. I live part of the year in France so we plan to meet up in Porto and move up to Tui and start our Camino from there. The Portuguese Camino does offer some interesting variants but lack of time is an influence in choosing our route by the traditional way. I hope you enjoy your wee walk tae Santiago.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
the albergue in Tui is one of the best, architecturally IMO. There's a odd little courtyard overlooking rooftops. Your friends should rough it for one day. They will be better off for the experience. If there is one town that I'd not use a hotel, it's Tui. And I've eaten well in Tui. Though Valenca is a super place. And I've eaten there a few times.

the albergue in Tui is one of the best, architecturally IMO. There's a odd little courtyard overlooking rooftops. Your friends should rough it for one day. They will be better off for the experience. If there is one town that I'd not use a hotel, it's Tui. And I've eaten well in Tui. Though Valenca is a super place. And I've eaten there a few times.

Thanks Finisterre for your advice. It has been a number of years since I last tackled my first and only Camino, and even that was the 100 kms+ from Sarria. For the others it is a new experience altogether and I know they are looking forward to it. Using hotels is a cop out I know but everyone is happier with that choice. We will be spending the morning and afternoon in Valença before walking over to Tui. We have reserved rooms in Pension O Novo Cabalo Furado but would appreciate any input from yourself Finisterre.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back