• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camping: OK to camp next to a full auberge or someone's yard

travelingdina

Hi all,

So I will be walking the northern part of the VDLP, and it seems like sometimes auberges can get full. I am also afraid I may not be able to make a very long distance some days.

So, is it OK to camp next to the auberge? Or, to ask someone if I could stay in my tent in their yard/jardin? Or, just a little ways in from the road?

I will be a woman traveling alone-- is this safe?

THANKS!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Mermaid Lilli said there were plenty of places she would have enjoyed camping along the VDLP.
Regarding someone's yard, I'd ask, but between villages might be best.

Most read last week in this forum