• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camping

Bikeguy

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to SJPP via velo, June 2010
Just returned home from cycling Le Puy to SJPDP and we stayed in campgrounds each night. Not for everyone I know but excellent quality and great value. The most we paid was 13 Euros with an average of 9 Euros per night and this was spit between two of us. We were on bikes but did often saw walking pilgrims camping. Many of these campground also have cabins, permanent tents, caravans, etc. as alternative to tenting. Generally located with the towns or close by and some have cafes, bread delivery, shop, etc.

Randy
Vancouver, Canada

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
French campgrounds are great---better hot water than most hotels, walking distance of town. We frequently stay in a campground and spend our money in a nice restaurant.

In Spain the situation is not so great. I think the refugios have put a damper on the need for campgrounds, so there are not as many, though I for one would be happy to camp rather than deal with the refugio scene.

Most read last week in this forum