• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Charging a French phone in Spain?

ramble-on

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2010; LePuy 2011; VdlP 2013/14; CdN (to Oviedo) & Primitivo 2016
Hello all. There's a lot of really good information on this forum, but I could not find this specific question anywhere.

I bought a French phone a couple of years ago when I walked from LePuy to Roncevalles and am wondering if it can be recharged in Spain without using some sort of an adaptor. Its plug has two prongs (not sure, but it might be a "type E" plug?). Does anyone know if French plugs fit Spanish electrical receptacles?

I'm planning to walk the VdlP in Sept/Oct and want to get a Spanish SIM card in Sevilla before I start. The phone has been "unlocked" so (fingers crossed) I think it will work, if I can figure out how to charge it!

Many thanks!
Dick

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think you can use it. I had a French plug with two prongs to charge an iPod, and it worked just as well in Spain as it did in France.
Margaret

Thanks, Margaret. I thought that might be the case, but thought there would likely be others here on the forum with first-hand knowledge.
Dick

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

The plugs are exactly the same throughout all of continental Europe. Only the UK and Ireland have different plugs in Europe so you will not have a problem.

Most read last week in this forum