• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Closing dates for seasonal albergues

JoEllen

Time of past OR future Camino
I just finished my first Camino in June. I'm already thinking about my second Camino, which I'm planning in 2019. I'd thought about perhaps walking in September-October but was concerned about how late in the fall the seasonal albergues remain open. I've downloaded the wonderful excel spreadsheet with the albergue data, but the column "Open All Year" only shows a Yes or No, but no dates. Does anyone know if there is some information like the spreadsheet that would indicate the estimated closings? Even when I go to an albergue's website, they seldom have that information. Does anyone know if most of them are open through October?

Thanks,
Jo

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have walked 3 times in October-November, and availability of albergues has never been a problem. Some start closing around mid-October, so just don't plan to arrive in a tiny village needing a bed, unless you have checked first.

It is too early to know who is closing when, but it shouldn't matter to your planning.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum