• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Communal Meals on Norte

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
I will be walking from Irún to Santiago starting out from Irún on September 17th. I just noticed another new thread about Communal meals on CF. These meals I am sure everyone would agree can give us some our best moments and memories. Any suggestions of Albergues and Donativos that have given you these memories? Would love to hear from anyone, especially you Pilgrims who are on or just recently finished the Norte. Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last week I returned from the Norte
4 albergues come to my mind:
About 4 km before San Sebastian (along the Camino) "Los 12 tribus"
The famous albergue in Guemes from abuelo Peuta (be prepared though, before dinner time only water available, no coffee drinks or snacks
Albergue in Penduelos
Albergue reposo de Andayon in Cuerres the best one, clean, new, very well organised

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Albergue Ixtarpe just past Deba had one when I was there last year.

I forgot that one, In my book it was called Izarbide. The food there was rather good. By staying there you shorten a rather difficult day

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Communal meal cooked by the monks in Albergue de peregrinos del Monasterio de Zenarruza.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum