• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

complaints-not related to the actual Camino walk

northyukon

Arrived in Burgos via Rail Europe from Paris with a reservation for Hotel Entrearcos. It was a long night and I was tired. At the Hotel Entrearcos they said they had no reservation for me, didn't have any rooms, and didn't help me find another. The attendant also said he would look into it on Monday and make sure I got my money refunded. Obviously he never did.
Not wanting to start my Camino on the wrong foot, I put it out of my mind, went to the Peregrino Albergue and met some wonderful people to start my walk with. The rest of my walk was amazing.

So when I returned I called Rail Europe and a month later they still haven't refunded my money, Hotel Entrearcos still hasn't answered their emails, and so I'm cautioning anyone using Rail Europe about also booking hotel rooms with them. We really don't have any other recourse when someone is on the other end of a phone, so now its off my mind, and I'll just chalk it up to a bad experience amongst so many good ones.
Hope everyone has/had a great walk, in the past, now or in the future. I'll be back some day.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Be sure to write it up on Tripadvisor. (they have 10 good reviews so far)

A hotel in Lyon incurred my wrath, and the review has been read over 3000 times.

Most read last week in this forum