• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Confusion over Pousada de Juventude

ourgirl

In researching the Senda da Orla Litoral, I was happy to see several Pousada de Juventude—and their website, until I came to this webpage, about their membership cards:
http://microsites.juventude.gov.pt/Portal/en/CartaoAlberguista/

About their membership cards:
What is it for? The Youth Membership Card gives you access to all Youth Hostels of the National Network of Youth Tourism. If you do not have the Youth Card (Cartão Jovem) then the presentation of the youth membership card is mandatory.
Can a foreigner ask for a Youth Membership Card? The Portuguese Youth Membership Card can only be issued to Portuguese citizens or foreigners with residence permit in Portugal.​

I'm contacting them to clarify, but I thought I would ask you all to see if anyone knows—are only Youth Membership cardholders able to book a bed? It seems so, from reading...

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
In researching the Senda da Orla Litoral, I was happy to see several Pousada de Juventude—and their website, until I came to this webpage, about their membership cards:

What is it for? The Youth Membership Card gives you access to all Youth Hostels of the National Network of Youth Tourism. If you do not have the Youth Card (Cartão Jovem) then the presentation of the youth membership card is mandatory.
Can a foreigner ask for a Youth Membership Card? The Portuguese Youth Membership Card can only be issued to Portuguese citizens or foreigners with residence permit in Portugal.​

I'm contacting them to clarify, but I thought I would ask you all to see if anyone knows—are only Youth Membership cardholders able to book a bed? It seems so, from reading...
I can only speak about one experience, the pousada de juventude in Moscavide just outside Lisbon.
On their website I found their email address , mailed them if I could book a room for one night and that was no problem at all. I paid the room in advance and nobody asked for a membership or whatever.

I stayed at the Pousada in Ponte de Lima, we mentioned that we were pilgrims, presented our credencial and got a 4 bed room for the 3 of us for 8€ (breakfast included). They are a good alternative to albergues for not much money. Don't know if all pousadas do this.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
i stayed in Ponte de Lima in the Pousada. I learned that they will accept pilgrims when they have enough space. The good in PdL was a 24/7 reception. The albergue was closing 10pm.

I live in Lisbon and we have housed people (foreigners) who have come to town in the Pousada here. We have also looked into staying them at various places in the country. I have never been aware of people needing a membership card. So I don't think it should be a problem. Usually the main problem I have found with the Pousadas are that they fill up fairly quickly

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I just finished my first Camino. I was on the Portugues route from Porto to Santiago: Coastal till Vila do Conde after that Central till Santiago. I would love to give back some of the...
Hi, I am trying to book at Pilgrims Nest/Ninho and I have a What's App phone number of +351 916 866 372 but no response and I tried calling and it sounds like a bad number. I also had this number...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back