• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cooking

Lynda t

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to Santiago May 2010
Lisbon to Santiago May 2012
Are there cooking facilities on the Portuguese route starting in Lisbon?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Lynda,
I can't answer for Lisbon but certainly from Oporto the facilities are good until you get into Galicia. In Galicia the albergues have kitchens but limited supplies of pots and pans. I always carry at least cutlery and a mug. A camping pan can be useful too, doubles as a plate!
Sue

When I walked from Porto, it was a mixed bag. Some had kitchens. Some didn't. One albergue was closed and we stayed in a hotel. Some had pots/pans, and like on the Frances, sometimes the pilgrims had pilfered them all. I wouldn't take a pot, myself. Where you cannot cook, you can eat sandwiches or go out for an inexpensive meal of bacalau ::::YUM!:::: But that's me...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There were no cooking facilities from Lisbon to Porto in 2010 when we walked. No albergues and we stayed in Pensions or Residentials and ate out. Not sure if any have opened since.
Hope this helps.

I walked the Portuguese Camino last summer- Porto to Santiago, and found the same as Anniesantiago - that some places had kitchens and some didn't. However we did find that eating out was cheaper in Portugal than in Spain.
Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back