• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Country house lodging in Galicia

BillyBoy

I will be doing the Camino Ingles next year and, whilst looking around for information on places to stay other than refugios/albergues, I came across the Pazos de Galicia site, which is the Galician version of the Paradores de Espana:

http://www.pazosdegalicia.com/

The site offers a number of interesting country places to stay throughout Galicia - grand estates, restored medieval houses, etc. - many of them appear to be close to the routes of the various Caminos. I have not stayed at any of these places so can't recommend them, but they certainly seem attractive. I thought my fellow pilgrims might be interested in taking a look. (There is one a couple of km from Betanzos that I am considering for my trip.)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum