• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cpap as extra carry on luggage

Septarian

Time of past OR future Camino
Part Frances (2019)
Part Frances (2024)
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help? We are travelling Vueling from SDC to Paris with all carryon luggage. According to Vueling I can carry my CPAP machine as additional luggage, but have to contact Vueling Customer Services first…..which appears impossible. There are only phone contact numbers given with keywords needed. Cpap doesn’t figure. Has anyone managed an email contact. (Carrier pigeon… anything!)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I wonder if anyone can help? We are travelling Vueling from SDC to Paris with all carryon luggage. According to Vueling I can carry my CPAP machine as additional luggage, but have to contact Vueling Customer Services first…..which appears impossible. There are only phone contact numbers given with keywords needed. Cpap doesn’t figure. Has anyone managed an email contact. (Carrier pigeon… anything!)
Yes… I needed to contact Vueling about 6 weeks ago and it proved to be incredibly frustrating!! I tried so many phone numbers and spent hours on it. Then I read somewhere that they are very responsive on X/Twitter and so it proved. I sent they a DM on X/Twitter and they responded very quickly and very professionally.

Last edited:
Yes… I needed to contact Vueling about 6 weeks ago and it proved to be incredibly frustrating!! I tried so many phone numbers and spent hours on it. Then I read somewhere that they are very responsive on X/Twitter and so it proved. I sent they a DM on X/Twitter and they responded very quickly and very professionally.
Thank you. Much appreciated!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Hi,
As I understand it you should not need to contact any airline in advance about a CPAP, as long as you have a letter from your doctor saying you require it. I have been taking my CPAP, usually in a separate bag, on 15 to 20 flights per year for the past ten years. I have never had any trouble and I have never been asked to produce my doctor's letter. About 75% of my flights have been with Ryanair and the remainder on a variety of airlines, including Veuling.

As I understand it you should not need to contact any airline in advance about a CPAP, as long as you have a letter from your doctor saying you require it. I have been taking my CPAP, usually in a separate bag, on 15 to 20 flights per year for the past ten years. I have never had any trouble and I have never been asked to produce my doctor's letter. About 75% of my flights have been with Ryanair and the remainder on a variety of airlines, including Veuling.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,
I flew Vueling, 6:45 Am flight from Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona and connection onward to Paris-CDG. I have used a CPAP for many years and never had a problem. I e-mailed Vueling and simply told them what I was going to do (take my CPAP as an extra carry-on)-- I booked flight over 6 months in advance. A few months later, I received proper confirmation that all was well. When my sister and I went through check-in on the day of departure (late May this year), there was no issue made-- no one even asked about it, just looked and knew that it was medical equipment. Believe me, they all know! They've seen them often enough.

I flew Vueling, 6:45 Am flight from Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona and connection onward to Paris-CDG. I have used a CPAP for many years and never had a problem. I e-mailed Vueling and simply told them what I was going to do (take my CPAP as an extra carry-on)-- I booked flight over 6 months in advance. A few months later, I received proper confirmation that all was well. When my sister and I went through check-in on the day of departure (late May this year), there was no issue made-- no one even asked about it, just looked and knew that it was medical equipment. Believe me, they all know! They've seen them often enough.
Thank you for replying. The $64 question…..how did you find an email address? I’ve looked and looked….

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for replying. The $64 question…..how did you find an email address? I’ve looked and looked….
OK, go to https://www.vueling.com/en/we-are-vueling/contact/send-us-a-message
I would suggest scrolling done to "sending us a suggestion/compliment" -- they need your booking code, etc. I use this and similar methods to get a message when companies hide their email addresses. To be honest, I don't remember if I used this exact way to force a message over to them or another link on their site, but this should work. What you should say is that you have a CPAP, were goiven instructions to contact Customer Services and could not directly get a message to them. My "answer" (which amounted in essence that I was approved to take it onboard). Another airline handled my flight, same trip-- it was lengthy and complicated-- from Rome, Italy to Tunis, Tunisia. I was asked by either Vueling or the other airline to provide make, model and approximate size of the case and weight as an intermediate step. I use a ResMed11 and was told all was OK. As others have mentioned, if you just showed up with it and allowed them to look at it with note from doc-- I carry the original order in the zippered part-- they it would indeed be a rare day that an airline or airport agent would even care in the slightest because it's a common item these days. I do a lot of flying abroad since I have family living abroad.

OK, go to https://www.vueling.com/en/we-are-vueling/contact/send-us-a-message
I would suggest scrolling done to "sending us a suggestion/compliment" -- they need your booking code, etc. I use this and similar methods to get a message when companies hide their email addresses. To be honest, I don't remember if I used this exact way to force a message over to them or another link on their site, but this should work. What you should say is that you have a CPAP, were goiven instructions to contact Customer Services and could not directly get a message to them. My "answer" (which amounted in essence that I was approved to take it onboard). Another airline handled my flight, same trip-- it was lengthy and complicated-- from Rome, Italy to Tunis, Tunisia. I was asked by either Vueling or the other airline to provide make, model and approximate size of the case and weight as an intermediate step. I use a ResMed11 and was told all was OK. As others have mentioned, if you just showed up with it and allowed them to look at it with note from doc-- I carry the original order in the zippered part-- they it would indeed be a rare day that an airline or airport agent would even care in the slightest because it's a common item these days. I do a lot of flying abroad since I have family living abroad.
Gotcha. Thank you for all the info. Much appreciated.

Most read last week in this forum

We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
Have been walking my first Camino and loving it, until coming down with a nasty cold in Puente La Reina, with a bad headache, sore throat, deep chest congestion and developing cough. The...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...
3 days ago, I developed a horrible shinsplint where I was barely walking--KT helped a little to get me through the day. So, I took a rest day and booked a nearby PT in pontevedra. Anna was able...
Hi all, just a quickie. My friend is near Burgos and needs a chairopractor to give his back a click 😳 Apparently he has it done when home in Canada (it straightens the spine )but doesn't know if...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.