• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Créanciale

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I'm requesting my credential from American Pilgrims on the Camino, but I'm unsure of how many to ask for. The plan is to go all the way from Le Puy to Santiago in one shot. Will I need two passports for all the stamps I'll get, or should I ask for three just in case?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Don't get more than 2. They are readily available if you need more.

I'd get three, I went through two on the Frances.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Don't get more than 2. They are readily available if you need more.
I agree with Enerol.
Just get one to start with and then pick up more as you walk. That way, you will have a different design in another language and it will provide diversity and a different keepsake.

Rambler

I'm requesting my credential from American Pilgrims on the Camino, but I'm unsure of how many to ask for. The plan is to go all the way from Le Puy to Santiago in one shot. Will I need two passports for all the stamps I'll get, or should I ask for three just in case?
I would get one from American Pilgrims and a second one at your starting point

Are they available then at the pilgrim centers in the different towns (Accueil Pèlerin in French, and I don't remember the phrase in Spanish)?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I did that route with the American credential and ended up needing another credential in Ponferrada. I only got one sello per day so if you are a collector you could need three. Another at the starting point would be nice. I wished I had taken care of it earlier on because you can't pick one up just anyplace. I had to plead to get the one I got because the Albergue was not open and I was there at 10AM and was told I would need to wait until 3. A little planning is helpful.

The French credential from the cathedral in LePuy is a very nice one.

I've not been blessed with the oportunity for a really long pilgrimage, but as far as I know, you can make and attach a homemade "extension" to your credential to accomodate more stamps.
Btw, in France the créantiale is delivered by churches or ecclesiastical bodies; credentials come from lay associations (les amis du chemin). It is a national peculiarity; both are valid.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi, Can anybody recommend a Gite in Gramat? There seem to be a good number of places to stay, but I would like something near the GR if that's possible. A place oriented toward walkers would be...
Hi! I'm new here and to the Camino, but trying to take advantage of a last minute opportunity to get off work for about 3 weeks including travel. I had hoped to do Le Puy to Cahors including the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back