• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Credencial

Frankybaby66

Time of past OR future Camino
Last Camino Sep 23 Camino Portuguese (Central)
Hi all, probably a silly question. I've done 2 Caminos before and on each of those I have been issued a credencial at my start point withe the front page filled in by staff there.
This time, I have bought a Credencial from this website to save time on Day 1 of the walk.
I am walking from Porto to Santiago. Does my first stamp still need to be at the cathedral? Also, can I fill out the cover page myself? (OK, two silly questions )
Thanks In advance

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’d suggest that you get your first stamp at your albergue in Porto. It doesn’t have to be from the cathedral. As you already have your credencial you’re good to go by collecting a stamp at a hotel, a restaurant, or some other location in Porto indicating the beginning of your Camino. If timing is right, do visit the cathedral. As I remember, it opens at 9 am which is a bit late for those of us who like to start off walking early.

Q1: Your first stamp can be from anyone at anywhere. It’s nice to have it be a significant one for you (cathedral, pilgrims group, etc) or one that denotes your starting city, but any place is allowed. The only official requirement to get your Compostela is two stamps per day during the last 100km.

Q2: Anyone (including yourself!) is allowed to fill out the first page.

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum