• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Credential - How long is it valid for?

Bocodillo Boy

Hi,

I walked the VDLP in Autumn 2009 from Seville to Ceceres with a Credencial issued in the UK by CSJ. I intend to complete the walk from Ceceres to Santiago in April this year 2012.

Does anybody know if can use the same passport? - there are plenty of spaces for stamps remaining for the months journey and ideally i would like to have all of the stamps from Seville to Santiago in the one document.

Many thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The credencial won't expire so don't worry. I used my credencial for a part Camino and then for a second Camino, no problem. Only when I had the Santiago cathedral stamp did I feel it was complete. Returning to complete the Primitivo was the time to apply for another CSJ credencial. I am considering photocopying the first pages and sticking them in so that my Primitivo stages are all there together.
If you feel that you will be short of pages you could ask for another CSJ credencial to follow on, or photocopy some blank pages to add in.

Tia Valeria said:
If you feel that you will be short of pages you could ask for another CSJ credencial to follow on, or photocopy some blank pages to add in.

I plan to pick up a credential in SJPDP rather than get one from CSJ but it may still apply.

Just curious...how many places for stamps are there on the credential? Does it vary much depending on where purchased?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
From the Cathedral webpage Twelve pages have space for 8 sellos each. Some large sellos will use two spaces.

Most read last week in this forum