• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cushions for pack straps?

soozansings

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2nd (2016)
I've gotten my pack set so that it sits properly on my hips, but notice that I've still got some rubbing from the front shoulder straps, especially when wearing a tank top. Anyone try using padding on theirs? Maybe a seat belt pad?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I've gotten my pack set so that it sits properly on my hips, but notice that I've still got some rubbing from the front shoulder straps, especially when wearing a tank top. Anyone try using padding on theirs? Maybe a seat belt pad?
yes - the first few days it was rather 'rough' on my collarbones (until then i barely ever felt my collarbones, barely knew i had any
my remedy was buying dish-sponges and taped them to the underside of the strap, i.e. between strap and my body.
worked like a charm, admittedly looked rather amusing.
i've heard of other pilgrims placing a sock between strap/body. haven't tried that one; loved my dish-sponge solution.
bom caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Lol that's awesome! Walking around my town with my Tilley hat, pink backpack and baggy convertible pants (and just started with my poles today), I've gotten used to the stares. I just smile and wave. Thanks.

I have often used those foam shoulder pads that were fashionable some years ago. They weigh next to nothing and easily can be fixed under your bra strap ( that is if you are a woman, of course)!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have often used those foam shoulder pads that were fashionable some years ago. They weigh next to nothing and easily can be fixed under your bra strap ( that is if you are a woman, of course)!
Thank you, Anna.

Last edited:
Yes i have used the seat belt pads before and they are all ready to go on this camino as well. They do make the straps more comfy and they are inexpensive and lightweight.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes i have used the seat belt pads before and they are all ready to go on this camino as well. They do make the straps more comfy and they are inexpensive and lightweight.
Thanks!

Hi - I took one of the super fast drying soft towels from BB&B, cut it down to size to wrap around my padded shoulder straps. It made it a lot softer and more comfortable. They wrapped around and attached with velcro, then I added a small mesh pocket to one to carry my IPhone in (it was my camera). Worked well, but now I have a new pack - my last was over thirty years old when it made the trip - so I will have to make new ones. I'll check out the seat belt pads first, though.

Most read last week in this forum