• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cycling out of Sevilla

Sabha

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 1992
Camino Francés from Sarria 2000
Via de la Plata 2013 - 2016
I'm about to start cycling out of Sevilla next week. Is it possible to cycle on the 'camino' all the way from Guillena to Castilo Blanco?

Is it safe to cycle along the river out of Sevilla, instead of going through Camas?

Thank you to all who may reply to my questions.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Sabha.........Late last year i cycled from Seville and did stick to the Camino ( difficult in places ) but to answer your question i cycled to Castilblanco from Seville on the camino via Guillena . The track along the river out of Seville is a bit lonely but a lovely flat start to your pilgrimage . There is nothing to be concerned about on this track...a few barking dogs in a run down farm/building after a couple of kilometres , but thats it really .There is a track after guillena that i needed to push my bike uphill and over some rocky ground but , Seville to Casilblanco is easy do able in a day even for an old boy like me .
I had to abandon my pilgrimage in Salamanca because of a back problem but in a couple of weeks i will be going back to Salamanca to continue my ride .........i can't wait .

Regards ....John

Many thanks for your reply, John. You've put my mind at rest. I wish you all the best out of Salamanca when you begin again. Muchas gracias / Go raibh maith agat!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum