• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Return Transportation to Sevilla

MajorBozo

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2024 Via de La Plata Sevilla start
I have done a little research on getting return transportation to Sevilla. looks like the train is the best. Could y’all provide some information on that. Need advance reservations? Time allotment to get rest and get to the airport. Or good sites to research this.

Gracias

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello! Welcome to the forum Mr. MajorBozo! Can you please clarify a few things - it seems that Sevilla is your destination city, but where do you wish to depart from? What type of information do you need about the trains- just wondering about advance reservations? (if so, yes, make reservations). By "rest and get to the airport" - where are you flying to?
Lots of good people and good info on this forum.

If you are trying to return to Sevilla from Santiago it looks like you can fly non-stop from Santiago on Vueling or Ryanair. You can also take the train, however, that requires at least one change in Madrid and you will need to transit from the Madrid Chamartin train station to the Madrid Atocha train station to make the connection. This is relatively easy to do, however the simpliest, fastest, and cheapest way between the two cities looks like a flight. The sooner you buy a ticket, the cheaper it will be, however, be aware that train and bus tickets in Spain are often not available until a few weeks or so before departure. If you fly, be sure you pay attention to the carryon limitations of Vueling and/or Ryanair. It may be money well spent to pay to have your bag checked rather than find out at the gate that it may be too big.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have done a little research on getting return transportation to Sevilla. looks like the train is the best. Could y’all provide some information on that. Need advance reservations? Time allotment to get rest and get to the airport. Or good sites to research this.

Gracias
If you have time and want to break the journey, train via Madrid.

If not; fly. Best in mind with those operators the carry-on allowance is minimal. Check your bag.

There is an Alsa bus that leaves Santiago at 16:10 and arrives at Seville at 14:40 next day. It hits all the major towns on the Sanabres/VDLP if you want to get on anywhere on these routes e.g. Caceres at 02:50 in the morning. Plenty of time to decompress and recall the towns passed through going north.

Gracias
Hi MB, and welcome to the forum. You’ll find lots of good stuff in here, but best to learn early the difference between information and opinion. If you’re looking for HOW to get from <anywhere> in Spain to Sevilla, try the website Rome2rio which will provide all of your transport options including price, duration, connection(s), ticketing, etc. You, then, get to make the decision about which one to choose. FYI: This is a great site to use anywhere in the world.
This is information.

If you’re looking for an opinion, I, like everyone else in these rooms, have a bunch! I prefer train travel within the country for a number of reasons:
- Rail stations are much easier to navigate than airports
- You can get up from your seat and move around on a train
- People are easy to meet, especially for pilgrims!
- The view from the train is a window into the country
- You can graze while you travel….food /drink is always readily available on trains
- Trains are often the more economic option
- It is a time of forced relaxation: You can read, snooze, write letters or journal entries, or just socialize
This is an opinion.

Buen Camino, my friend.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't find Rome to Rio comprehensive and need to check other sources Google, Renfe, Alsa, and the local bus companies to get a real understanding.

I don't find Rome to Rio comprehensive and need to check other sources Google, Renfe, Alsa, and the local bus companies to get a real understanding.
Train is often more expensive than bus or plane. I find it more enjoyable to travel by train, but not always more expedient or cheaper.

Most read last week in this forum

After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back