• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Departing Lisbon on March 31st

Suzanne Holt

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2019
I am planning to start my first Camino in Lisbon on March 31st and am super excited and also a bit nervous. I'm wondering if anyone else is planning to start then too.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
At this point, I am intending to arrive late, 3/28 to Lisbon. Not sure if I'll spend any time in the city or just begin from the Cathedral. Have you investigated places to stay near the Cathedral? If so, that would be helpful since I haven't done that search yet. Planning to negotiate coastal route. Thanks, Jim

I am planning to start my first Camino in Lisbon on March 31st and am super excited and also a bit nervous. I'm wondering if anyone else is planning to start then too.

Suzanne, Greetings from Maine!

There will be several folks pushing off from Lisbon a few days before you based on posts on the Forum. My flight gets in early on the 29th, so I plan to leave from the airport directly. I will be doing a round trip, so will have time to spend in Lisbon after my return. Is your start date absolutely firm?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My flight gets in at 5:30 am on 3/30 and I can't imagine walking 20 miles after flying overnight. I could start a day or so later, but I can't see how I could start any earlier. Maybe our paths will cross later on? Hope you have a great trek!

My flight gets in at 5:30 am on 3/30 and I can't imagine walking 20 miles after flying overnight. I could start a day or so later, but I can't see how I could start any earlier. Maybe our paths will cross later on? Hope you have a great trek!

Absolutely no need to walk 20 miles on your first day out of Lisbon. The albergue in Alpriate is about 21km, less than 15 miles. It’s a great place.

Have you investigated places to stay near the Cathedral?

I know there are several highly rated youth hostels near the Cathedral, but I gave up on those years ago. I just find that the endless party atmosphere means I never get a good sleep. If you’re looking for an inexpensive private room, try Pensao da Prata. It’s a few blocks from the Cathedral, family run, nice people. It’s well located for seeing the sights as well. http://pensao-prata.hotels-lisbon-portugal.com/en/

Looks like there will be a lot of forum meet-ups on the camino out of Lisbon this year.

At this point, I am intending to arrive late, 3/28 to Lisbon. Not sure if I'll spend any time in the city or just begin from the Cathedral. Have you investigated places to stay near the Cathedral? If so, that would be helpful since I haven't done that search yet. Planning to negotiate coastal route. Thanks, Jim
Hi Jim,

I will start two days ahead of you on March 26th. in the afternoon, so I will have a short walk that day. Another member pocojo is also starting out I think March 29th or 30th. I'm not very fast so I hope to meet up with you all.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Jim,

I will start two days ahead of you on March 26th. in the afternoon, so I will have a short walk that day. Another member pocojo is also starting out I think March 29th or 30th. I'm not very fast so I hope to meet up with you all.

I'm leaving Lisbon......May 1st because when I wonder how long I've been walking I just think of the date ....I'm slow so I may take 5 weeks to reach SDC.
bom Caminho
Love

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.