• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Detailed route map from Viana - Coastal Route

CFRISONE

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues coastal
Hello all! I intend to do the coastal route from Viana to Santiago.

I dont need to know distances between the places. I need to know where to find a map that shows the actual route. The actual streets names in each town. For instance: where doesthe camino pass through in Viana, Caminho etc?

Viana-Caminha-Oia-Baiona-Vigo-Redondela-Pontevedra-Caldas dos Reis-Padron-Santiago

Many thanks,
Chiara

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Chiara,

I have just returned home after leading a tour on the Camino Portuguese Coastal Route. I would be happy to share the distances between the points you have listed. PM me and I will give you my personal email so we may converse.

Arlène

We are looking at the coastal route next year. We bought Brierley's latest book just as a guide line but it is very confusing. So I cannot give you an answer but would be really interested in what you are able to find out. And there is the question of whether you are talking the actual coastal route or the Senda Litoral which appears to be even more coastal than the Coastal Route. Confused? because we are. I actually wonder if people get the names wrong when they refer to their walk. Or am I just dumb? I have been trying to note the towns we would pass through and you mention the towns I have written down so we must have something in common. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello everybody. So no one could actually answer my question becuase I don't think people understood it. I know of the existence of Google Maps, I use it every day. What Google Maps doesn't have is the ACTUAL PATH of the Camino Monacal. In short, if I book a hotel say in Praia da Ancora, how do I know how to get back on the path? This is my question. I have no print guide, only access to the internet.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I've shifted my route to the following:
Viana-Praia da Ancora-Guarda-Oia-Baiona-Vigo-Redondela-Pontevedra-Caldas-Padron-Santiago. This is what works best for me in terms of distances.

I dont need to know distances between the places. I need to know where to find a map that shows the actual route. The actual streets names in each town. For instance: where doesthe camino pass through in Viana, Caminho etc?

Viana-Caminha-Oia-Baiona-Vigo-Redondela-Pontevedra-Caldas dos Reis-Padron-Santiago

Many thanks,
Chiara

Many thanks,
Chiara

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you for the info. I've already got all of this info and maps. Great job done by Luis. So looking forward to getting out there.

Our Victoria chapter of Company of Pilgrims had a huge all day meeting yesterday with speakers, equipment shown etc. A fabulous way to get pumped up.

Cheers

Rina

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back