• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Diary for Dutch pilgrims

servaasgoddijn

For the Dutch speaking members of our forum.

Since I planned to walk to Santiago, July 2009 – see the Class of 2011 – I’ve been reading a lot of accounts about the pilgrimage, and there was often said that the preparation was in fact the greatest part of it all. Still, I’ve not found much written about it. I think that’s a pity.

Therefore I’ve been writing a diary of my preparation from day one, now a year ago. It’s not only about my planning, training and the purchase of my equipment – a lot of detailed information about that - but also about my thoughts, my worries, my doubts, even my nightmares.

It has become quite a long story (54 pages by now) and there are still eight months to go. If you like to read my diary, please send me your e-mail address.
Servaas

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.