• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

distance from irun to bilbao

gazzababe

Could someone please tell me the distance from irun to bilbao travelling along the camino del norte - thanks, gary

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Gary,

I have never walked this stretch of the Norte, but i do have the german outdoor guide book which gives distances and profiles of each section. It has this distance down as 152 km, but there is also variants on some stages so it may be as low as 135-140km. People who have walked the entire camino consider this to be the hardest stretch.

Mike

Last year a friend waked from Le Puy to Bilbao. She said that the route from Irun to Bilabo was the most beautiful sections she has ever walked.

Attachments

• Norte1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,949
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thanks guys hopefully i will start at santo domingo de la calzada and take the tunnel route to irun and then get on the coastal route to bilbao after doing a 2 week volunteering at granon in august - should be fun. have u ever walked the tunnel route?

sillydoll said:
Last year a friend waked from Le Puy to Bilbao. She said that the route from Irun to Bilabo was the most beautiful sections she has ever walked.
have u ever walked the tunnel route, if so what was the signing like? thanks Gary

Most read last week in this forum