• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Distances of the stages and how to get to the starting point in the camino portugese

martyndeh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles 2013, 2014 Camino portugese 2015,2016
Camino fisterra 2017
Ferrol to Neda
Neda to Pontedeume
Pontedeume to Miño
Miño to Betanzos
Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma (Alternative Meson do Vento )
Hospital de Bruma (or Meson do Vento ) to Siguëro
Sigüeiro to Santiago

My wife and I did one stop extra in Ordes between .Meson.do Vento and Sigüeiro

Alternative for a 7 days camino is a part of the caminho Portuges
Valença do Minho (border of Portugal) or Tui. (spanish side of the border) to oPorriño
O Porriño to Redondela
Redondela to Pontevedra
Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
Caldas de Reis to Padrón
Padrón to Santiago

Great walk !
Can you please tell me the distances of the stages and how to get to the starting point in the camino portugese please

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
sorry i have made a technical error. You give a 7 day walk in the portugese, can you tell me the length of the stages and method of getting to the starting point. For my 70 th year I want a walk with 10-12 mile stages and time to do it and having done the ingles i am looking for 100k + and shorter stages over 7-9 days.

sorry i have made a technical error. You give a 7 day walk in the portugese, can you tell me the length of the stages and method of getting to the starting point. For my 70 th year I want a walk with 10-12 mile stages and time to do it and having done the ingles i am looking for 100k + and shorter stages over 7-9 days.
You mean you like to start in Portugal ?

From Valença in Portugal or Tui in Spain just over the Portuges/Spanish border you can walk about 100 kms to Santiago

Valença /Tui to o Porriño. 20 kms aprox
O Porriño to Redondela 20 kms aprox
Redondela to Pontevedra 20 km aprox
Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis 20 kms aprox
Caldas de Reis to Padrón 20 kms aprox
And Padrón to Santiago 24 kms

bom caminho

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You mean you like to start in Portugal ?

From Valença in Portugal or Tui in Spain just over the Portuges/Spanish border you can walk about 100 kms to Santiago

Valença /Tui to o Porriño. 20 kms aprox
O Porriño to Redondela 20 kms aprox
Redondela to Pontevedra 20 km aprox
Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis 20 kms aprox
Caldas de Reis to Padrón 20 kms aprox
And Padrón to Santiago 24 kms

But we have a Portugese forum where you can find much more information

On the Ingles you can easy walk 15 to 20 kms per day. My schedule mentioned here above was based on that number of kms.
Thank you for your help, is there a best way to get to Valenca ie sdc or porto. Also best weather and quiet would be good although only god knows!

Thank you for your help, is there a best way to get to Valenca ie sdc or porto. Also best weather and quiet would be good although only god knows!
From Porto goes a train to Valencça do Minho. Take 3h 15 to get there from the São Bento station in the heart of Porto.

From Santiago there is as far as I know no direct connection between Santiago and Tui(at the other side of the river Minho opposite Valença. There exists a busconnection between Santiago and Vigo and Vigo to Tui.

Buen caminho.

Last edited:
Hi, there ia an Alsa bus service that serves Valenca Do Minho from Santiago.

It runs once a day at 12:00, arriving 13:15 (bear in mind that Portugal is one hour behind Spain). We caught the bus in 2013 and were able to walk back in the afternoon from Valenca to our stopping point in O Porrino and thus avoided losing a day because of the late start. That said, it was early July and temperatures were in the high 30s/low 40s so it was extremely hot and the only day that we didn't start by 6:30am.

Timetable is only published at the moment until 31/03/2015.

Alsa_SdC_Valenca.JPG

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I took that Alsa bus to VdM mid December 2014 after completing my last camino. The cost was 23 euros and it is advised to reserve the day before. You must show your national passport to book a seat. The bus stops in VdM only on the ave Sa Cameiro. To find the camino walk west along this avenue to the circular junction with the rua Nossa Senora de Fatima. Go up hill on the rua NSdF to rua Jose Maria Goncalves, 10, where the VdM pilgrim albergue of Sao Teotonio (donativo) will be on your left. (Walking from the bus stop to the albergue takes less than 15 minutes.) At the albergue you will see camino markers to lead you across the old international bridge by Eiffel and into Tui, Spain.

Bom Caminho,

MM

is there a best way to get to Valenca ie sdc or porto.

Depending on where are you coming from, another option that you could consider as a starting point to reach Valença do Minho is Vigo.

AUTNA has several daily buses from Vigo to Valença do Minho (travel time 25 minutes):

http://www.autna.com

Till March 31, Alsa has a daily bus from Vigo to Valença do Minho:

http://www.alsa.es/en

There are also several daily buses from Vigo to Tui (on the Spanish side of the border) with ATSA.

In addition, there are four daily trains from Vigo to Valença do Minho and two daily trains from Vigo to Tui.

I remember now that train We walked along with the track on the O Porriño industrial estate. It is the same track that goes to Porto via Caminha and the Portugese coast.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back